Visit Your Local Newbury Park, Simi Valley, Thousand Oaks & Camarillo Orthodontist
For Braces & Invisalign
Braces have been used in orthodontic treatment for decades with great success for correcting many malformations in the mouth, teeth and jaw. These days, however, braces are evolved beyond the bulky metal objects you may have in your mind. Braces are smaller now, they come in many colors and styles, including clear braces and “invisible” braces, so you can straighten your smile without drawing attention to your braces. At Newbury Park Orthodontics, we specialize in a variety of braces styles to suit any person’s need or preference. Dr. Hoffman is happy to answer questions and will always guide you in the right direction to achieve the best results so you’ll have a beautiful smile the rest of your life. Read below and click through the chart to understand the different types of braces available to you.
The Invisalign System To Straighten Your Smile
Invisalign is a huge hit with both teenagers and adults because it is almost undetectable to the eye! Here’s how it works:
- A computer-generated, 3D image of your teeth is made using a laser scanner called the iTero Scanner.
- There are no goopy, messy impressions that require time to set. This leads to more accuracy in the computer images, more patient comfort and faster turnaround times from the lab.
- From that computer simulation, a series of clear, removable plastic aligners is created.
- You wear these clear plastic aligners in various intervals determined by Dr. Hoffman.
- Gradually, the aligners move your teeth into the desired positions, giving you that perfect smile.
Lingual Braces combine the durability and versatility of traditional metal braces with the discreet element of Invisalign. Here’s how they work:
- Again, a digital image of your teeth is taken, eliminating the need to create messy, uncomfortable molds
- Our Harmony System from American Orthodontics uses interactive self-litigating brackets that are bonded to the backs of your teeth, not the front, creating a nearly invisible orthodontic treatment.
- This technology creates a precise, comfortable experience for the patient and orthodontist, alike.
Traditional Metal Braces
These are the most common, and still most widely used type of braces. Made from a high-grade stainless steel, they are strong and durable and can be used to treat even the most severe orthodontic cases. Compared to the metal braces of the past, modern metal braces are smaller, lighter, stronger and more attractive than braces many adults will remember from their childhood.
Unlike metal brackets for braces, each Radiance bracket is a jewel, made with clear, crystal grown sapphire and hardened by a heat process that makes it as sturdy as it is attractive. These braces are also beneficial to patients who have allergies to certain metals, and are typically more comfortable for patients.
Gold Braces For The Stylish Look
Are you fashion forward? Do you like a little character in your appearance? Then gold braces may be perfect for you. These are exactly the same as metal braces, except they are coated in a 24-karat gold. People will absolutely notice you wearing these braces, but that’s the point, right!
Contact Newbury Park Orthodontics Today
If you have any questions about braces, orthodontic treatment or need to schedule an appointment with Dr. Hoffman, contact us today. Our staff is here to help you in any way. Thanks!