Here at Newbury Park Orthodontics, we want to help you achieve the smile of your dreams. Dr. Hoffman and our dedicated team enjoy providing solutions to the some of the common problems listed below for our Newbury Park, Thousand Oaks, Moorpark and Simi Valley patients. Whether the solution is braces, Invisalign, or a different orthodontic treatment, we are committed to providing you with the best orthodontic care.
Common Problems We Treat
- Upper Front Teeth Protrusion: This condition is where the upper teeth extend too far forward, or the lower teeth don't extend far enough. This type of bite can negatively impact the appearance and function of your bite.
- Overbite: This condition causes the lower front teeth to bite the roof of the mouth, as a result of the upper front teeth extending out over the lower front teeth.
- Crossbite: Crossbite can cause a misaligned jaw an tooth stratification, from the upper teeth sitting inside the lower teeth.
- Openbite: Upper and lower front teeth do not overlap with openbite, which can negatively impact proper chewing. Poor habits such as tongue thrusting can develop from this condition.
- Crowding: This is a condition where adult teeth do not have enough room to erupt from the gums, causing an overlapped, crooked appearance. We can correct this condition with expansion at an early age, often avoiding tooth extraction.
- Spacing: This condition can be both cosmetic and pose serious oral health risks. Spacing occurs when teeth have too much room between them. This can be genetically caused, or due to an accident or injury. If left untreated, the empty space can cause teeth to shift out of desired alignment.
- Dental Midlines Not Matched: When your back bite does not fit and match properly between the upper and lower teeth, it's called midlines. This can cause bite and jaw malfunction that can cause headaches and impact chewing.
Make An Appointment With Your Newbury Park Orthodontist Dr. Hoffman!
If you are experiencing any of these issues, we are happy to help you. Contact us today to make your first appointment at Newbury Park Orthodontics. In the meantime, we encourage you to check out what we are up to on Facebook and take a virtual tour of our office.